Wow, it's been a whirlwind....and baby news...
and somehow I missed posting anything last month. I know shame on me ;) ! Boys had a great time trick or treating. N went as Chuckie with the neighbors 3 doors down, his lil' partner in crime another N. I took J who was a warlock, around our neighborhood with some other neighbors of ours a few more doors down. One of which L is a classmate of his. C was at her dad's during our Halloween here. DH-C stayed at our place out front with the outdoor fireplace roaring (to keep him warm and let others warm up a bit) and passed out candy to the trick-or-treaters. It was one really chilly night! We decided next year if the forecast looks to be as cold, we'll have some hot chocolate and maybe hot spiced cider too. Planned a smashing birthday party for C. Then to start off November well we got the official confirmation and our LO2B (little one to be) is a girl afterall. So I guess I just know without a doubt when it comes to my/our babies. I've now been right 4 outta 4 times (even though I doubted myself the first time).
Then we left out on our babymoon cruise vacation while the boys vacationed with Grandma P & Grandpa M in Florida (early-mid Nov). C wasn't left out, she opted to go to space camp this next year (her options were the cruise or space camp). We ported out of Ft. Lauderdale and enjoyed the rocky 7 day cruise to Bahamas, Virgin Islands and St. Martin/St. Marteen. Some of the other cruisers weren't so fortunate and didn't escape seasickness as well as DH-C and I did. We felt badly for them since we'd never experienced such rough seas and we've been on several cruises and many of those who fell ill it was a first time event. The weather was actually really wonderful! Sunny, breezy and warm but not too hot at all. I think we had a day of rain in there but it was just as relaxing. We both also noted quite a difference in the cruising crowd this time around, many more middle aged couples and families and not so many of the young single partying crowd. A very nice change of pace indeed. It really seemed to be a fitting and relaxing change for DH-C and I during this time in our lives.
Since we've been back it's been a real string of events... birthday party plans fell apart and new plans were made; dental appts for the kids and I (cleanings/exams/dental work); family in from out of state; Thanksgiving holiday festivities with extended families; C's 13th birthday party on her birthday here (out to lunch and a movie with friends) and her dad even threw her a surprise party at his place; colds (N, J & DH-C); school winter choral concerts (each of them had one inside of a 10 day span); Christmas shopping; purging/organizing long neglected areas of the house (attic, bedrooms and basement); planning the soon to be "new" again bedroom spaces (boys'/master); bedroom swapping (boys'/master); adding storage/organizing to bedroom (C's); new bed purchases/installations (boys metal loft beds from WM to maximize floor space in their "new" room); prenatal appts (standard, just another thing on the list to do); vehicle repairs (why do they always seem to hit around the holiday season for us?); flu (me); planning/designing the tiny nursery (master bedroom's former WIC); putting up the Christmas tree and getting it decked for the season; major meal planning and freezer stash purging; cookie baking (DH-C's work cookie exchange). Still so much to do of course. Isn't there always so much more to accomplish in life?! Sure seems like it here anyway.
Well I think that's a pretty accurate summary of the last month or so. Like I said it's been a whirlwind!!!
Chat at you all later!
About Me
- Ella
- I'm a 30-something, mostly SAHM of 4 (2 DD's and 2 DS's) and DSM to 1 (DSD). I've had a deeply ingrained love & respect for mother nature and most things natural ever since I can remember. In 2003 we were FTHB's of a 1920 cape cod desperately needing TLC. We've been gradually remodeling ever since. I have a mad love of beautifully organized home spaces that are exceptionally functional. I love working with my hands and creating, especially newly repurposed things. My DH may state that I'm a creative force to be reckoned with. I started this blog as a way to chronicle our life as a family and our adventures in home ownership... my musings. I love hanging with my family and friends. Yet I crave slivers of good old fashioned alone time to be still, collect my thoughts and refuel my spirit. Hope you enjoy the snippits of chaos, fleeting moments of sanity... er... insanity. Well whatever it may be, it'll be real.
- Baby
- bathroom
- Bedding
- bedroom
- birth story
- birthday
- Blogging
- blue
- boy room
- brown
- closets
- Decor
- dining room
- entry
- family
- girl parties
- girl room
- goals
- guest room
- house
- kids parties
- kids rooms
- kitchen
- laundry
- Lil J
- living room
- master
- mudroom
- neutrals
- Nursery
- office
- paint
- planning
- porch
- real life
- resolutions
- risks
- shabby chic
0 comments:
Post a Comment