Evolution of a Living Room (part 1)
Here's a snapshot before we decided this was our house:
Here's a couple before we were semi-settled in:
Here's one of the many before arrangements:
We've been here since our youngest was a year old (he's now almost 8). This layout worked then, but so wouldn't work for us today.
Our needs today have changed significantly. Bigger kids= multi-functional necessity!
Here's pretty much what it looks like today:
(Ooops forgot to get some updated pics this weekend, will update ASAP!)
Our gains have been a larger entertainment center with a family gaming system (Wii); more seating; more floor space for sprawling out and playing; a PC dedicated area for the kiddos (makes monitoring and assisting easier on us parents) and last but not least, mom's scrap corner.
More to come in the future: repainting walls, repainting trim, painting entertainment center (dresser), acquiring a side table, slipcovering wingback chairs, accessories, seasonal window coverings and throw pillows, painting area rug, upholster bench, skirt scrap workspace and maybe more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Ella
- I'm a 30-something, mostly SAHM of 4 (2 DD's and 2 DS's) and DSM to 1 (DSD). I've had a deeply ingrained love & respect for mother nature and most things natural ever since I can remember. In 2003 we were FTHB's of a 1920 cape cod desperately needing TLC. We've been gradually remodeling ever since. I have a mad love of beautifully organized home spaces that are exceptionally functional. I love working with my hands and creating, especially newly repurposed things. My DH may state that I'm a creative force to be reckoned with. I started this blog as a way to chronicle our life as a family and our adventures in home ownership... my musings. I love hanging with my family and friends. Yet I crave slivers of good old fashioned alone time to be still, collect my thoughts and refuel my spirit. Hope you enjoy the snippits of chaos, fleeting moments of sanity... er... insanity. Well whatever it may be, it'll be real.
Powered by Blogger.
- Baby
- bathroom
- Bedding
- bedroom
- birth story
- birthday
- Blogging
- blue
- boy room
- brown
- closets
- Decor
- dining room
- entry
- family
- girl parties
- girl room
- goals
- guest room
- house
- kids parties
- kids rooms
- kitchen
- laundry
- Lil J
- living room
- master
- mudroom
- neutrals
- Nursery
- office
- paint
- planning
- porch
- real life
- resolutions
- risks
- shabby chic







0 comments:
Post a Comment