Redoing a redo... Inspiration

Well our plan was to convert a portion of our covered front porch into a new mudroom space this fall. However, the economy being what it is affected our seasonal biz and not in a favorable way. That plan has been scratched. The new plan involves a bit of finessing of our dining room to allow for a corner to be used as an extended mudroom next to our small entryway.

While much of these inspiration pics won't fit in the current space confines. I'm still very inspired by these pieces & mudrooms.

not sure where I found this pic- anyone know?
photo credit: pb.com
photo credit: ana-white.com
pretty sure this a bhg.com find
photo credits: whatever blog
 
photo credits: sarahrichardsondesign.com

Our new mudroom/extended entry solution is a temporary fix to help sell the house and keep us functional until that happens. Many factors have led to this decision: local school issues, house size, lot size, functionality of house to suit our needs, etc.

Also iIn the spirit of using/needing inspiration here are some porch finds I'm loving... I'll eventually (probably next spring) have to give ours a decent spiffing up.
meg's front porch @ whatever blog
Nester's old porch @ thenester.com
so relaxing and inviting
photo credit: blog.hgtv.com
OK I'm just dreaming here...
but if we ever get a screened in porch,
this might be a nice switch up
photo credit: homesteadrevival.blogspot.com


0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a 30-something, mostly SAHM of 4 (2 DD's and 2 DS's) and DSM to 1 (DSD). I've had a deeply ingrained love & respect for mother nature and most things natural ever since I can remember. In 2003 we were FTHB's of a 1920 cape cod desperately needing TLC. We've been gradually remodeling ever since. I have a mad love of beautifully organized home spaces that are exceptionally functional. I love working with my hands and creating, especially newly repurposed things. My DH may state that I'm a creative force to be reckoned with. I started this blog as a way to chronicle our life as a family and our adventures in home ownership... my musings. I love hanging with my family and friends. Yet I crave slivers of good old fashioned alone time to be still, collect my thoughts and refuel my spirit. Hope you enjoy the snippits of chaos, fleeting moments of sanity... er... insanity. Well whatever it may be, it'll be real.
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Followers