Happy double digits!

To our little man HJ, also referred to as J on this blog space. Named after his dad's dad in the family tradition of alternating Hxxxxx and Cxxxxxx each generation. His middle name came from his dad's maternal grandfather. To top it all off, he was born bright and early on his maternal grandfather's birthday. We refer to him as our steeped in tradition child.

He is a very old soul. He is quite rather worldly and wise beyond his years, reflective, and contemplative about things on a day to day basis. He's also the first to chip in and help out whenever mom or dad calls out. He stands apart from his siblings as a result. Sometimes I wonder if it makes him a bit lonelier, but in the long run I think he may be far better off than his jump the gun sibs. I hope he finds immense happiness in life with someone who can appreciate his ways in this high tech fast paced world. 

Hard to imagine him being officially 10. He's growing up and it seems way too fast. I'm sure his older siblings can't wait for him to grow up a bit more and in a hurry too. You know the older sibling impatience with those in between years, when they are just past them. So frustrating to watch and listen to at times. Especially the male sibling rivalry component. So many times I bite my tongue wanting them to learn work things out in a better way. I know one day they'll be best buds again just like they started out. Two peas in a pod, one leading and the other doing and cheering on. 

J one day even your big sister C will come out of her hard shell and show you her softer side more often. I know deep down she loves you greatly. But admitting that would mean she might have been wrong, and we know what a hard pill that can be for her to get down. Lil J will soon be saying your name too. I know you've been disappointed with her inability to say your name and call you N instead. I truly believe when she call's you by N's name it's the same thing as calling you brother in lil mind. Kinda like she calls C "sis-sis". 

Don't ever change your special ways J, we love you just the way you are!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a 30-something, mostly SAHM of 4 (2 DD's and 2 DS's) and DSM to 1 (DSD). I've had a deeply ingrained love & respect for mother nature and most things natural ever since I can remember. In 2003 we were FTHB's of a 1920 cape cod desperately needing TLC. We've been gradually remodeling ever since. I have a mad love of beautifully organized home spaces that are exceptionally functional. I love working with my hands and creating, especially newly repurposed things. My DH may state that I'm a creative force to be reckoned with. I started this blog as a way to chronicle our life as a family and our adventures in home ownership... my musings. I love hanging with my family and friends. Yet I crave slivers of good old fashioned alone time to be still, collect my thoughts and refuel my spirit. Hope you enjoy the snippits of chaos, fleeting moments of sanity... er... insanity. Well whatever it may be, it'll be real.
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Followers