Girls' Room Inspiration #1

C has expressed her desire to share a space with her lil sis J. A 14 yr old and a 10 mos old. Quite the span equals quite a challenge from a design perspective. I think we can work it all out pretty well.

Word Inspirations for the Room (in no specific order): Cottage Chic, Teen/Toddler Friendly, Fairies, Floral, Black, Girly (with a grown up undercurrent) 

Colors: (eldest has her input) Red, White and Black. To add a softening that's little girl friendly too, we're adding in a dappling of softer pinks, lavenders, butter yellows, blues, greens and black accents. Now that's a colorful mix! 

Beds/Bedding:
 CRIB Photo Credit: Wal-mart
LIL J'S Photo Credit: Target
C's HEADBOARD most likely in BLACK  Photo Credit: PBKids
RED DUVET SET Photo Credit: Overstock.com


Windows:
LIGHT BLOCKING CURTAIN PANELS Photo Credit: Wal-Mart / Canopy
AS A SHEER Photo Credit: Target



 Accessories:

TENT Photo Credit: Whatever Blog
ROSE LAMP SHADE Photo Credit: PBKids



love the mix of textures/patterns here:


 Photo Credits: Whatever Blog


Just a few snippits of what's to come.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a 30-something, mostly SAHM of 4 (2 DD's and 2 DS's) and DSM to 1 (DSD). I've had a deeply ingrained love & respect for mother nature and most things natural ever since I can remember. In 2003 we were FTHB's of a 1920 cape cod desperately needing TLC. We've been gradually remodeling ever since. I have a mad love of beautifully organized home spaces that are exceptionally functional. I love working with my hands and creating, especially newly repurposed things. My DH may state that I'm a creative force to be reckoned with. I started this blog as a way to chronicle our life as a family and our adventures in home ownership... my musings. I love hanging with my family and friends. Yet I crave slivers of good old fashioned alone time to be still, collect my thoughts and refuel my spirit. Hope you enjoy the snippits of chaos, fleeting moments of sanity... er... insanity. Well whatever it may be, it'll be real.
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Followers